Wahhhhh, wahhhh, wahhhhh - this is me crying and being depressed, just not pretty.
So, today (and over the last several days) I found myself in confronted by a situation to really get upset about. I know I had my moments too.
Fortunately, I think I am getting a little bit wiser as I get older (not much, just a modicum mind you).
Rather than indulge myself in the obsession over something bad and spiraling into a good, deep depression - I stopped.
Usually there’s this period when I’m angry or depressed about something (fill in the blank with the negative emotion). It doesn’t do a lot of good feeling crappy, it just colors the day making it that much harder to get through it.
Now today, I tried something different, I stopped and thought how feeling that way doesn’t do me a whole lot of good. I still feel a little crappy but, when I come out the other side (from whatever crappy emotion it is), I feel a lot better when I start moving into a productive direction again.
So, I was thinking, maybe I might just want to skip over the crappy, obsessive, depressed part and get to the better spot and believe me when I say that’s a great deal of progress for me indeed..
No comments:
Post a Comment